- Last Updated: 20 January 2017 20 January 2017
So what makes Monmouth special? Why should you start or move your business to Monmouth?
In short, here are some top reasons:
- We are the county seat.
- We are the primary shopping destination for Warren and Henderson Counties (and draw from Knox County as well).
- We are at the intersections of Routes 34 and 67.
- We have the newest and best hotel in a 50 mile radius.
- Over 14,000 vehicles a day pass through our community.
- We are home to the region's largest employer (Farmland Foods).
- We are the host community for a world class liberal arts college (Monmouth College).
- We have a nimble, fiscally stable and technologically savvy municipal government.
- Our cafe ordinance allows outdoor seating, eating and drinking for restaurants.
- The entire downtown is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- We have a strong arts presence (visual, musical and performing).
- Sixteen historic buildings have been renovated recently in our downtown.
- We are the only municipality in the state to receive an inaugural Broadband Innovation Fund award.
For more specific information or if you are interested in becoming part of the growing Monmouth retail scene, please contact:
Executive Director, Monmouth Chamber of Commerce
Director of Economic and Community Development, City of Monmouth